Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bus Entertainment

So, I  have now started taking the bus. Although it's still a little cold, unpredictable, and you cannot sing along at the top of your lungs to a song to pump you up in the morning (or you could and you would be labelled "the crazy person"), it has been a great way to finish my big book stash of library books that I've renewed twice already.

I have just finished "Village of Small Houses: A Memoir of Sorts" by Ian Ferguson. Here is a truly engaging book with stories so out there yet relatable it was one of the most entertaining Canadian books that I have read in a long time.  It made the CBC's Top 10 Books to Make You Laugh list - and it did. I couldn't wait to turn the page to hear more about the characters, Fort Vermillion, Alberta, and what antics this boy would get up to. Refreshing to read, and surpirising when I was hooked after the first 2 pages, especially when bus reading (distracted in case you miss the stop, etc). I found I could pick up where I left off very easily, and when I wasn't reading it, was definitely thinking about it.

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...