Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Knitathon

After coming back from the country for several days, I am proud to say I have met all of my knitting goals for this weekend.

I was so excited to con my boyfriend into driving his brand-new (to him) BMW up, so I could knit, and get my sister to drive me back (again, so I could knit). The first thing I pack on every trip are my "activities" - usually consisting of a big bag - either books or knitting. This time it was both.

Goal 1: Finish the outside of Mrs. Lidster's mittens, ready to block when back home in Vancouver.

Goal 2: Finish 2 elephant's feet (from Elefante) for 2 elephants that need to get finished for Saturday.

Goal 3: Finish liner of Heather's Fiddleheads (still, yes, a Christmas present).

A visit over the weekend really inspired me to get going on these mittens for her, although she looked great for her condition. I was not worried that it would be too late for these mittens to be of use this year, as it was a constant blizzard this weekend. Gotta love the North.

So after a long stint of tea and knitting, and several comments like "oh, she's knitting", and "cool mittens!" from passersby (gotta love small towns), and running into an old acquaintance who probably thought I had gone from 17 to 60, the mittens were finished.

Ok, I lied that I met all of my goals. I really wanted to finish Heath's mittens this trip, but I just am not a fan of the Kidsilk Haze for the liner - beautiful wool, just too small of a gauge, and I liked the Brushed Suri much better with Mom's. So, I will tear that out and restart as I picked some up at Urban Yarns, who to my pleasure were open today (unlike Three Bags Full). The colour choice was limited, so I chose a dark brown, deliciously named Fudgesicle.

Originally planning to use Kidsilk Haze for Mrs. Lidster's mittens, I will see if Three Bags Full have Brushed Suri in Sweet Potato Pie colour. Check them out at: Blue Sky Alpacas Brushed Suri. - but alas I must wait until Wednesday when they open again.

As I mentioned, I have several Elefantes to finish before this weekend. Sara might be getting one for her baby, and one for Katie. My sister, being the style guru that she is, thought that the generic grey and pink elephant would look really cute. So, after numerous failed attempts and men scarves in grey, I have plenty worsted grey (I'm going to use Mission Hills 1824 Wool in Charcoal), and 2 large rolls of Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Cotton in Shell. So far, I am done the 4 feet in Shell, then a cute little ball body in grey and pink (tummy).

Can't wait to get this one finished.

Trying to use up my Noro Kochoran I have started an Elefante in that as well, but the wool is definitely more scratchy.

I have wasted my afternoon to knitting - I must now go out into the real world. I wish I could wake up tomorrow and knit for a living - listening to podcasts.

I must get faster.

Goal before Tuesday: Finish trunk and ears for Pink/Grey Elefante. Start liner for Heath's mittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...