Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

And then I ripped it out....

As Lisa at the Stitch n'Bitch this Friday said, the Amish always have one mistake in each piece of work to demonstrate modesty. Well, I don't want to be THIS modest. For rows and rows I let it slide, but finally after ripping out some rows on my Travelling Woman as I knit too far, the extra hole was just killing me. I could not give this away to someone else, and I could never wear it. It could probably have an ok fix, but I would rather just start over and feel much better about it.

So that's it - starting over on that, still stuck with the Clapotis, and still at ground zero on the Cashsilk Lace Fern Scarf. Sunday is the perfect time for new beginnings.

4 comments:

  1. I've told you about "life lines" right??? An invaluable tool when knitting lace, especially LONG rows of lace... It makes the pain of ripping almost tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a perfectionist in the making?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that like in Who wants to be a millionaire? Does the knitting fairy come in and fix it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, know about the lifeline. I was thinking - this pattern is too simple to do a life line BEFORE the REAL lace starts :)

    Some mistakes you can hide. Others not. Ripping and starting over a go.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...