Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Yet Another Project

I am currently reading (and recommending to everyone) The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. After researching for months and months, this author felt she had everything but was still missing something. Don't we all. This book was written as a best friend's conversation with tidbits of advice, from the simple to the profound, making it an interesting yet easy read. A lot of these ideas are common sense, it's just re-emphasizing what you already know and finding ways of doing it. Day one I devoured the first chapter, and although I still haven't finished it, I can say that I am responsible for spreading some happiness when I recommended it to friends:

1) Buying it for Laura
2) Buying it for Andrew
3) Forcing Heather to buy it, who in turn bought one for her best friend
4) Getting Viren to buy it, who in turn bought 4 copies for all of his "unhappy" MBA friends
5) Getting Nadia to buy it at work as well

You never know where a little happiness will go.

You can check out her Happiness Project blog at: http://www.happiness-project.com/.

In one of the chapters, she recommends Lulu a self-publishing website. Where I could go and print off one book. I thought to myself - how cool would it be in five years to print off my reading project into a volume? Well, first I need to get back to the list, but I love books, and to make one for myself would be the perfect way to complete the achievement.

Speaking of not being on the Top 100's book list, I picked some more easy summer reads under Heather's Picks - starting with The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrow. It looks like it will be another World War II associated novel about a secret society, letters and 40's goodness. The name, and the cover are what have always drawn me to almost buy it, so I decided to take the plunge this August.

For anyone needing to know, here are where the Guernsey Islands are:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...