Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Projects Are A'Sproutin'



So, in the last two weeks, I have churned out two of my go-to baby knits: the Sprout Toque. I love how cute this little pattern is, and no matter how ugly the baby, this will make them cuter! Guaranteed.

They are also super fast to knit - about 3 hours, and when you knit them with Debbie Bliss Rioalto Aran, you have a baby shower gift that is handmade, quick, washable, and super squishy, for only $8! It is one of a kind for those who receive it, and it's guaranteed to fit if you knit it ahead of time. I love baby knits for these reasons.

I knit Evan's in boy green (as apparently green is the new blue with him :)) - very sprout like, and what the pattern orginally calls for (colourway #10).

I knit up one yesterday in colourway number 05, a dark pink colour, almost fuschia, for a client's newborn, Willa.

I now have 50 Ravelry projects both completed and on-the-go. My goal - finish each and every one of them by the end of the year. My goals are rotating - something to strive for, but I'm sure I'll get distracted by other pretty projects.

I found these cool blogs this week:

French Press Knits: http://frenchpressknits.blogspot.com/ - wicked current post for a little giggle

Knitted Bliss: http://www.knittedbliss.com/ - gorgeous posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...