Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Transformation

I started with 1 skein of Madelinetosh DK in Composition Gray. I forget even purchasing it. It is a gorgeous purpley gray, that needed to be made into a shawl. Because I had only 1 skein, and it is DK, I was limited to meterage.

After the suggestion  of 198 yards of Heaven, I bought the pattern, and gave it a try. Several times. I couldn't get past the first 5 rows. This was a pattern where placing stitch markers actually hindered the count, and the WS was referenced but not defined...etc.

This just did not feel right.


So I moved on, to the free and fabulously simple The Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief. It's small, but it's long enough after blocking that it fits around your neck like any other shawlette.


I love it. I will have to purchase some lighter clothes so it will stand out like it should. And the WS (easy to tell on this one) is just as shiny - I really think the hat pattern Rikke would really look great in this yarn.

Can't wait to wear this out on my knitting date today.

Ravelry Link: The Age of Steel
Yarn: Madelinetosh DK in Composition Gray

Other projects I finished recently:


1) Summer Flies Shawl by Donna Griffin. Such a fun knit. The pattern is divided into sections, like chapters of a book, so you feel like you are checking things off a list as you are completing them.

Small accomplishments. As each section is different, it keeps you interested. The picot edging is my favorite, as well as the knotted section.



Pattern: Summer Flies by Donna Griffin
Ravelry Project Page: Summer Flies



#3: Jane by Jane Richmond - I love this slouchy hat that I did in Madelinetosh Vintage in Baltic. Love this colour. I can't believe I gave this hat away. But the receipient deserves it. This blue is amazing. And I love blue.


Pattern: Jane by Jane Richmond
Ravelry Link: Jane for Tabitha
Yarn: Madelinetosh Vintage in Baltic

Can't wait to knit more of Jane's patterns in the upcoming KAL at Urban Yarns! Ok, I've already started because I just love her patterns. I'm going to be doing Rae in this Springtree Road sock yarn:


Super easy so far!

Happy Knitting.






1 comment:

  1. All that MadTosh looks so squishy good!! I LOVE Baltic too and am always drawn to it. All you FOs look great! Can't wait to see your Rae when it's done. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...