Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Secret No Longer - Dahlia Sproutlette



Introducing....Baby O's Dahlia Sproutlette!

I have a darling knitting friend, who just had a beautiful baby girl (complete with Spock ears!)



Obviously, she needed a knitted item - mom likes bold colours for babies, none of this pastel or natural baby wear, so, I went to my stash and came up with my Dahlia Madelinetosh Sock yarn purchased at Churchmouse Yarns several years ago.



Now, I just needed to find a baby girl sock yarn pattern, super pretty, super girly - because she has not yet decided she will be a tom-boy, or hate dresses, or not like being called cute.

Luckily, Tanis Fiber Arts Sproutlette Dress fit the bill. Requirements met:


  • sock yarn
  • 1 skein project
  • pretty leaf design
  • easy to follow
  • cute accents like leaves, scalloped edging
  • fun way to add a button
Done. 



I am super happy with how this turned out. And although this was finished a while ago, I had to wait before posting details, as she is a Ravelry user, blog-checker, and a skilled figure-out-the-gift-ahead-of-time kind of person.

Beautiful Baby O now has a great 6-12 month dress to wear. And she has an extremely proud Aunty A! Now for the hard part - waiting 6 months before she can try it on.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, that's the cutest little dress ever!! I love the colour too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...